Hiring Range: $90,900.00 – $113,625.00PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations. Local salary structures will apply for candidates in other countries.
We’re looking for a Qualitative Research specialist to join our global Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team who will contribute to advancing organizational knowledge and program effectiveness. You will be responsible for carrying out qualitative monitoring, evaluation, research and learning activities to support Compassion’s child development programs, leadership decision-making and marketing platforms.
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be based in any of our North America, South America and Latin American countries. Please see the list of these countries in the link below.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Act as an advocate for children. Understand and advance Christ’s mandate to protect children. Take active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse and exploitation of children.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Design new UXR studies using a variety of methodologies and data collection platforms.
- Lead user experience insights data collection to support MERL learning on new technology, innovations, processes, and products.
- Utilize analysis methods and frameworks common to UXR such as empathy maps, personas, user journey, etc.
- Share research findings with multiple audiences to support organizational learning and improvement.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, International Development, Social Science or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Recent hands-on research experience, including at least one year applied experience conducting UXR.
- Demonstrated capabilities to communicate and work in international cross-cultural settings.
- Proficiency in Qualitative Data Collection and Approaches, including administering questionnaires, key informant interviews, and facilitating group discussions; with a particular emphasis on UXR approaches and feedback loops.
- Proficiency in Qualitative Data Analysis, including creating codebooks, coding/theming data, narrative analysis, experience in one or more qualitative analysis software package (NVIVO preferred).
- Excellent and creative communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- Spanish fluency required.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b)-retirement fund in addition to your salary, excellent health-care coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth opportunities: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
Working Environment: Remote, work from home.
Physical Demands: International travel to remote locations with potentially hazardous and challenging conditions.
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule.