We recommend applications be submitted via the Google Chrome browser if possible. If access to Chrome is not available, we encourage applicants to clear their browser cache and use the most updated, non-beta version of their browser.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the Opportunity?
The Reception and Donor Care Coordinator plays a vital role in representing the ministry of Water Mission to a broad audience of guests and partners through warm hospitality, a heart of service, and an excellent coordination of internal and external communication. This position focuses on welcoming and receiving guests, vendors, partners, and prospective partners in person, often creating the first impression of the ministry. This role ensures accurate, appropriate, and excellent communication through inbound and outbound communication through phone, email, and letter correspondence, documenting communication thoroughly and routing inquiries efficiently. The Reception and Donor Care Coordinator provides administrative support for Partnerships and Communications, and other departments, as needed. This full-time position is based in Charleston, S.C., and reports to the Sr. Donor Care Manager.
A successful Reception and Donor Care Coordinator will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to guests, colleagues, vendors, donors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Water Mission’s history, ongoing programs and disaster relief initiatives, ministry events and activities, and volunteer opportunities.
* Share with guests, donors, and prospective donors how to participate in ministry with us through prayer, scripture, encouragement, and giving.
* Consistently make guests, delivery personnel, partners and prospective partners feel welcomed and valued with an inviting disposition.
* Answer all the ministry’s incoming phone calls and inquiry emails with professionalism, clear communication, and courtesy, documenting interactions and routing calls and emails appropriately and in a timely fashion.
* Assist guests, donors, and prospective donors with website navigation, financial transactions, account maintenance and problem resolution in a timely manner, with a relational heart.
* Assist with the execution of daily gift processing from beginning to end, working with others on the Donor Care and Accounting teams.
* Provide general administrative support to staff, under the direction of the Sr. Donor Care Manager (examples include, but are not limited to scheduling meetings, ordering office supplies, assisting with staff communication).
* Oversee organization and maintenance of the office copy room and front desk, ensuring the postage meter, office supplies, and stationery are stocked and easily accessible to all staff and volunteers.
* Support the Investor Partnerships department by alerting Relationship Managers when major gifts come in, ensuring action items and follow-up are executed and documented; track outstanding commitments, communicate payment schedules, and produce reminders.
* Help select, equip, and lead “First Impression Volunteers” to ensure Reception duties are always covered with courtesy and excellence.
* Ensure proper routing of incoming and outgoing mail daily; including any FedEx / UPS small packages.
* Manage the merchandise display at the front desk in the lobby; handling transactions of donations and appropriate Donor Care procedures for gifts.
* Batch incoming donations, run tribute reports and mail tribute cards
* Ensure that that voicemail greetings on the general mailbox are recorded and updates appropriate for holidays, office closures, working with the IT Team to keep greeting current
* Oversee and implement the huddle leader schedule, providing weekly reminders to huddle leaders.
* Manage incoming correspondence through our general info inbox; documenting, responding, and/or routing communication appropriately.
* Coordinate incoming tour requests, following guidelines and procedures.
* Represent and support the ministry, as needed, at special events and through community outreach.
* Meet or exceed all ministry quality standards in following procedures and guidelines regarding professionalism, timeliness, and accuracy.
* Other duties may be assigned.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and Core Values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Alignment with the principles of servant leadership as embraced within Water Mission.
* Technical proficiency in database management, computer systems, and software solutions; Blackbaud suite of products preferred.
* Ability to interact with business and ministry partners in a positive, uplifting manner.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly solve problems as they occur.
* Demonstrates a high level of integrity and excellent judgment handling sensitive and confidential information.
* Comprehensive computer skills, including developing spreadsheets via Microsoft Excel.
* Strong internal and external customer service focus.
* Keyboarding/typing proficiency.
* Strong attention to detail and process orientation.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
* 1 to 3 years’ experience in donor relations in a nonprofit setting preferred.
* Ability to work flexible and extended hours during seasonal peaks.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.