||Chief Operations Officer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Regional Manager is responsible to coordinate the regional work and represent the organization at regional level. He or She will provide management and leadership to the regional staff and will strive to realize our mission.
Amazi Water is the primary, in-country partner for clean water projects in Burundi. In collaboration with others, we are developing a national water strategy with the goal of providing sustainable access to clean water in every community by the end of 2028.
- Coordinating Amazi Water’s efforts in the region in timely and cost-effective manner. • Coordinate with Amazi Water’s working teams and other stakeholders to ensure strategic, operational and administrative effectiveness amongst all projects within the region. • Overseeing daily operations, managing budgets and resources and setting performance objectives.
- Overseeing and participating in the planning, mobilization of resources, and implementation of new projects and activities at the assigned region.
- Develop detailed implementation plans, logistic plans and financial forecasts in collaboration with the operational teams.
- Ensure timely preparations and submission of weekly progress updates and quarterly reports in accordance with agreed formats and schedules.
- Provide leadership and management support to the regional staffs and build a strong and healthy working team.
- Motivate and inspire team members towards the delivery of high-quality results and impact achievement,
- Manage the performance of all supervisees through the effective use of the Performance Management System and ongoing mentoring/coaching.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship and effective partnership with relevant provincial and commune leaders, NGOs, local churches and community leaders.
- Represent Amazi Water in governmental and non-governmental meetings and forums and serve as a resource person for disseminating knowledge about Amazi Water and its vision.
- To be an example by asserting and living out Amazi Water’s mission and values in the region.
- Ensure M&E processes and systems are in place to enable tracking of data and information, quality and timely management reporting metrics.
- Network, develop and maintain partnership with NGOs, local government officials, local churches, and community leaders in the region.
- Develop and maintain communication channels and foster dialogue with different stakeholders.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s degree in business management or project management or a related field required,
- 5+ years’ experience management
- Good knowledge of project management
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiations skills
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills in English and French • Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team to make quick decisions.
ALL EMPLOYEES AT AMAZI WATER MUST DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
- A love for Burundi and Jesus Christ
- Passion for learning and the ability to continue to grow and stretch your skills to adapt to the changing needs of the Organization.
- Commitment to the Organization, constantly exceed expectations and high level of team collaboration,
- Ability to communicate with government offices and field partners,
- Understanding of the need and benefit of clean water
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Eligible candidates are kindly requested to submit a completed Amazi Water application by 15th May 2021 that can be found on our website www.amaziwater.org and sent by email to email@example.com. Please title in your subject “Regional Manager Application – Name – May 2021”.
Mention on your email your preferred location between Ngozi-Gitega-Makamba. We may close application early if we receive sufficient applications before the closing date.
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted. Eligible candidate’s applications will be kept for 12 months.