Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Under the direction of the Director of Enterprise Applications, the Reports Developer will have the opportunity to collaborate with the various business heads to produce business operational reports. This position will be responsible for compiling data into reports using department and company goals as a filter for graphical representation of relevant data. This is a full-time position based in Charleston, SC. A successful Reports Developer will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, charitable beneficiaries, and general public
- Design and develop business reports from a variety of enterprise and business applications and data sources via reporting tools such as PowerBI.
- Ensure that reports are visually professional, timely, relevant, accurate, interactive, fast, easy to understand, and simple to use.
- Provide support for questions regarding the reports or the data behind them and provide direction for how to resolve any issues that arise.
- Clearly communicate data from nonprofit financials, nonprofit CRM, and Projects delivery metrics.
- Supports and maintains all aspects of the reporting tools and associated integration sources.
- Develop and update processes for maintaining data integrity and ensuring optimum performance in auto production of reports.
- Where necessary for reports, support data connections to source systems, and manage automated imports and integrations into data warehouse.
- Proactively complete data verification to ensure that reports are accurate and when discrepancies occur, troubleshoot and resolve.
- Manage and perform ETL to link data from multiple databases in chart visualizations.
- Write and optimize SQL queries, stored procedures and manage scheduled SQL jobs to ensure reports are properly updated.
- Create and maintain reports catalog, including definition of terms used in reports as well as tips for interpreting the charts and tables, and procedures on how reports and underlying datasets are maintained.
- Manage distribution and permission levels of reports, ensuring that people have the appropriate level of access.
- Research and maintain knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the ministry.
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Alignment with the principles of servant leadership as embraced by Water Mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business Management, or equivalent experience/certifications.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design, and integration.
- Experience presenting and explaining data and metrics to a nontechnical audience.
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization.
- Strong experience and in-depth knowledge of SQL, PowerBI, and Excel with the ability to learn other analytical tools.
- Broad experience with Financial, ERP, and CRM systems and associated data.
- Committed to maintaining a high degree of integrity in all business activities and decisions.
- Self-motivated; diplomatic; decisive; approachable; flexible; concern for long-term effectiveness.
- Strong technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries and reports.
- Strong attention to detail. This position is heavily-focused on development of reports and related detailed analysis of data – requiring focused attention to detail for extended periods of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.