Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
Savings Group Program Support
Serve as a member of the Savings Group (SG) team, providing technical leadership and support to HOPE’s network of SG ministry partners.
Participate in regular SG team meetings and planning/strategy sessions, carrying out assigned tasks and working to equip field leadership for country specific and network wide initiatives.
Engage with field leaders and provide relevant feedback on dashboards and reports during QMRs and other CSU-initiated meetings with the field.
Model servant-leadership in the work environment, including HOPE co-workers and ministry stakeholders
Contribute to a culture that models Biblical principles and incorporates an intentional and effective Christ-centered witness in all SG programs.
Encourage and model servant-like posture in relationships with CSU, field, and church partner staff/volunteers
Training & curricula for HOPE’s Savings Group Ministry network
Serve as a lead and point of contact for SG training and curricula initiatives across HOPE country programs
Provide status update to CSU on any key training and curricula initiatives on regular basis
Work with field staff to establish and maintain quality training processes across HOPE’s network of savings group programs that
reinforce biblical principles of respect, humility, and Christ-likeness
Develop and refine processes for ensuring consistent quality training across HOPE’s network of SG ministries
Ensure a standardized process is in place to modify and update current curriculum and training tools including various country-specific training manuals to ensure up-to-date methodology for quality training
Participate on a team that designs and tests new curricula in response to SG ministry objectives
As a member of the HOPE SG Operations team, help to facilitate at Training-of-Trainers events as necessary for HOPE and partner managed SG ministries as needed
Where needed/possible, support various aspects of SG Multiply partnerships including consultation, ministry design, and training to ensure ongoing collaboration for a healthy partnership
Contribute to design, adaptation, and improvement of partner-specific SG methodology to supporting the partner in implementing a flourishing SG ministry
Train partner staff and volunteers on SG curricula, ministry processes, and management tools
Engage partners and HOPE staff in continual improvement and feedback processes for continual refinement of SG Multiply methodology
– Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the mission of HOPE International
– Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. international development, economics, or business management); advanced degree preferred
– 5+ years experience working with savings groups or community development strongly preferred
– Demonstrated expertise applying participatory education (adult learning principles), curricula design, and facilitating trainings.
– Strong cross-cultural communication sensitivity and skill.
– International work experience in West Africa or francophone country contexts preferred
– Requires willingness and ability to travel up to 75 nights per year, mostly international trips to visit HOPE programs
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.