Seed Programs Intl–President and CEO
Find Details HERE.
Seed Programs International seeks to help millions of families in need around the world improve their lives by producing vegetables for food, nutrition, and income. We achieve our goals by working with local partners that provide families with a hand-up in accessing quality seed of adapted vegetable varieties and the knowledge needed to successfully grow and harvest diverse vegetable crops as well as procure seed for their next crop. SPI encourages and supports the development of seed supply chains that reach under-served communities and meet standards for affordable, quality, adapted seed. We support both short-term relief work as well as medium-term development work with the objective of working ourselves out of a job one community at a time.
Position: President and CEO
Organization: Seed Programs International (SPI) www.seedprograms.org
Location: Asheville, NC strongly preferred
Experience: 3-5 years senior management, preferably in the non-profit sector
Ability to travel
Non-Profit Board of Directors
- Supervise a 3 person staff and back-stop staff work as needed.
- Manage all human resource functions (hiring, training, development, performance, legal, payroll, etc.).
- Lead financial stewardship including budget development and implementation, preparation of financial statements, adherence to appropriate accounting procedures, and reporting in accordance with government requirements and audit standards.
- Engage with and guide Board of Directors regarding SPI’s operations including support of Board Chair in planning and conducting Board Meetings.
- Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery, and assessment of SPI programs, products, and services.
- Build and maintain relationships with seed industry partners, local program implementation partners, and donors.
- Develop and lead revenue generation strategy including seed industry supporters, individual donors, grants, project-based revenue.
- Formulate of measurement and evaluation systems and subsequent analysis and reporting of SPI performance information.
- Develop and assist with implementation of a quality control system that ensures quality, timeliness, and appropriateness of seed and services accessed by beneficiaries.
- Proven leader and excellent communicator with the skills and passion to grow an organization from an existing base while managing daily operations.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative record and skillset.
- Strategic thinker with a proven fundraising track record.
- Thoughtful manager of processes and leader of staff.
- Experienced with legal and regulatory environments in the non-profit field.
- Ability to engage with a diverse, globally distributed Board of Directors.
- Financial acumen in budget forecasting, management, and reporting.
- Adept at utilizing technology and digital platforms to manage and administer work.
- At least three years of senior management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Passion for international development work and for SPI’s mission.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in agriculture and international development.
- Additional specialized education relevant to the SPI mission.
- Knowledge of vegetable species and growing practices.
- Seed industry experience and connections.
- Ability and interest to work in a small organizational setting where the CEO is expected to be hands-on and actively engaged in doing operational work rather than overseeing a large team that completes and reports on work.
Starting salary is $45-55K with opportunity for growth based on fiscal performance.
SPI is committed to equal opportunity and cultural diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading SPI CEO Application. We will reach out to the most qualified candidates for further discussion within 45 days of initial job announcement or by May 5.