Saliense is a growing Management and Technology Consulting Solutions provider based out of Tysons, VA. We work to solve our client’s toughest challenges within the Defense, Civilian, Financial, and Healthcare industries. Our diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. For more information, visit www.saliense.com.
In addition to providing a fun, energetic environment that promotes innovation and personal growth, we offer excellent compensation packages with plenty of opportunities for advancement. We pay 100% of the premiums for employee Healthcare, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer 401K match and all company contributions are 100% vested immediately. Since we believe in work-life balance so much, we offer 20 days of paid leave per year. Use it as you need it or use it all at once and go travel for a month! There are many more – connect with us to get a preview of the full benefits package.
This role supports an institutional contract for one of the biggest US agencies supporting foreign policies. The Capacity Building and Training Specialist serves as a core member of the team. The goal of this position is to work with office leadership to effectively translate the Center’s priorities into action and to develop necessary knowledge products, tools, and resources that enable better integration of community engagement into Agency operations. This position directly supports the team’s Capacity Building and Training Workstream.
The individual must be motivated and proactive, and able to prioritize tasks and track deadlines as well as multitask. International development and/or field experience, particularly with a demonstrated history working in or alongside religious communities and faith-based organizations in a development or humanitarian context, is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads the design and implementation of an integrated staff training and capacity-building strategy that advances the team’s goals;
2. Leads the design and deployment of the training programs on religious engagement and international religious freedom, including the administration, deployment and monitoring, and evaluation of these programs.
3. Manages creation of original, high-quality training material and knowledge management content to promote the Agency’s work to support the team’s goals;
4. Serves as the primary point of contact for all office-level training content and delivery of field-based training programs ;
5. Liaises with the interagency and field colleagues on U.S. government training programs and leads associated communication follow-ups within the agency;
6. Lead the design and implementation of a community of practice on strategic religious engagement in support of Agency-wide policies;
7. Coordinates field-based partner events and engagements as directed by field staff and works with colleagues to socialize key news, moments, events, and initiative milestones across agency channels;
8. Develops relevant products and tools such as one-pagers, event flyers, PowerPoint presentations infographics, and more to build the capacity of the USAID workforce in partner engagement skills;
9. Oversees the design and development of an office-level Foreign Service National Fellowship program.
10. Oversees the design and development of an office-level quarterly internship program.
Strong Skill Sets Needed
● Oral and Written Communications
● Critical Thinking (Analyzing and Synthesizing)
● Teamwork and Collaboration
● Prioritizing and Multitasking
● Organization and Planning
● Project Management
1. Experience developing and implementing high-level initiatives in governmental, multilateral, or international organizations;
2. Technical expertise in religious engagement, international affairs, and/or global development in writing, influencing, and coordinating the implementation of high-level policies and technical guidance;
3. Demonstrated experience developing and delivering adult training programs, ideally in countries where USAID has a presence.
4. Demonstrated experience developing knowledge products and tools and monitoring/evaluating programmatic milestones in support of adult learning;
5. Proficiency in the use of Google Applications and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Adobe and data visualization software preferred;
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities;
7. Ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize workload accordingly;
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with people at all management and support levels;
9. Excellent written and verbal skills in English. The ability to read, analyze, and interpret policy documents, reports, and correspondence; and
10. U.S. citizen who is eligible to obtain a secret-level security clearance.
1. Advanced degree in communications or a related field is preferred, but not required.
2. Experience with or knowledge of working with religious communities or faith-based organizations in a development or humanitarian context.
3. Experience living or working in the developing world is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, International Development/Relations, Education, or a related field and 7-10 of relevant experience.
Assumptions and Constraints:
1. Work may be required outside of core hours. The contractor will be notified in advance if after-hours support is required.
2. Travel required up to 30%.
Place of Performance
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.