To be considered for this position, submission of the application and all supplemental documents (CV/resume, cover letter, and other attachments) are required in English.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Regional Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist is a key position within Water Mission, responsible for monitoring, evaluation, and research activities in Water Mission’s Latin America and Caribbean region, and ensuring that information collected is reflected upon, used to improve ongoing initiatives, and incorporated into high-quality reports.
Reporting to the Global Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Manager, the individual holding this position will be responsible for internal and external evaluations of program outcomes and impacts, including but not limited to the following: Designing monitoring, evaluation, and learning strategies for the region, developing, and managing relevant survey tools, evaluation and knowledge management, and supporting and building up capacity of field staff engaged in MEL efforts. This position works closely with all Project Managers, Program Directors, national staff, and partners involved in program implementation, to ensure a coherent and comprehensive MEL program in Latin America and Caribbean regions are designed and implemented, lessons are learned, and experiences are shared across the various sectors and program teams. This is a full-time position that can be based remotely at any of Water Mission’s Latin America or Caribbean country programs. The position includes travel up to 40% of the time, mostly to Water Mission’s Latin America and Caribbean countries.
A successful Senior Regional MEL Specialist, will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness and model servant leadership to colleagues, partners, the communities we serve, and the public.
* Understand, support, and nurture the Vision, Mission, and Values of Water Mission.
* Develop MEL materials including theory of change, results framework, pause, learning plans for Water Mission’s programs, grant proposals and special projects.
* Assist in the development of evaluation and research study design for Water Mission internal initiatives, donor groups, and granting institutions including determining appropriate methods, developing data analysis plans, designing data collection tools and online surveys
* Implement evaluation and research studies in the field, including procuring qualified in-country research assistants, orienting Water * Mission staff to study needs, coordinating research activities on the ground, and establishing data quality assurance procedures/processes across the ministry.
* Lead analysis of resulting monitoring, evaluation and research data including data mining, and developing donor reports and data visualization dashboards.
* Present data in various forums to both Water Mission staff and external stakeholders. Regularly share program outcomes and results with the programs team. Facilitate routine learning and action planning meetings with program stakeholders across the ministry.
* Build internal monitoring and evaluation capacity in Water Mission’s Latin America and Caribbean Country Programs and Affiliate. *Programs, and recommend corrective programmatic action where required.
* Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Master’s degree in social science, public health, anthropology, international development, or similar field.
* 3-5 years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, research, and reporting.
* International development experience, preferably in WASH.
* Advanced computer skills and significant experience developing data management strategies and systems, particularly web-based applications, and databases; mobile data collection experience preferred.
* Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies.
* Experience designing and implementing surveys using mobile data collection software.
* Experience with statistical analysis software such as SAS, Stata, SPSS, or R.
* Team player who takes initiative and is a problem-solver.
* Ability to thrive in a highly fluid environment and respond to changing requests.
* Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
* Experience living or working in Latin America or the Caribbean region, and ability to work in challenging environments preferred.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish required.
* Ability to travel up to 40 percent of the time. Most international trips are 10-14 days in length and require this person to ride in long car rides on rough terrain and stand for extended periods in hot weather.
* Commitment to the values and mission of Water Mission and ending the global water crisis.
* Legal authorization to work in one of Water Mission’s Latin American country programs.
* Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.