Bethany Christian Services
Senior Vice President of Global, Refugee and Immigrant Services
Bethany Christian Services
Requisition #: req3342
Location: Grand Rapids, MI or Washington D.C Preferred
Bethany Christian Services is an international child and family social services, protection, and relief organization with a presence in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. With our dedicated staff of 1,500 professional and budget of more than $130 million, Bethany strengthens and equips families to be the answer for vulnerable children. Thousands of children are in need of the support and safety that comes from being part of a family. Bethany is on the front lines of providing solutions.
As the Senior Vice President of Global, Refugee, and Immigrant Services, you will be primarily responsible for the strategic development and delivery of an annual plan for Bethany’s Global, Refugee, and Immigrant Services, a division of Bethany with a $52 million annual budget and 450 staff in the U.S. and around the world. As a member of Bethany’s senior leadership team, the SVP is expected to balance innovation, thought leadership, and demonstrate result. The SVP of Global, Refugee, and Immigrant Services will also implement and maintain the operational model for Global, Refugee, and Immigrant Services within Bethany to optimize capacity across branches and countries; improve positioning for competitive procurement, achieve efficiencies, and preserve accountability to our donors. The SVP will oversee 24 programs in 12 states and 7 countries that impact resettled refugees, refugees living in camps and urban settings, unaccompanied children and their families, survivors of torture, unaccompanied refugee minors, and trafficking victims.
This position is expected to function effectively with little supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and deliver an annual global plan and refugee goals, ensuring balanced focus on innovation, thought leadership, results data, and process consistency across all branches for financial growth and sustainability;
- Oversee, lead, and develop direct reports to include the Vice President(s) of Global and the Vice President(s) of Refugee Services;
- Foster and cultivate a culture of collaboration, learning, and continual improvement within the Global and Refugee Programs of Bethany to ensure program quality and long- term impact;
- Implement and maintain the operational model for Global and Refugee Services within Bethany to optimize capacity across branches and countries; improve positioning for competitive procurement, achieve efficiencies, and preserve accountability to our donors;
- Actively oversee and promote the employment practices within the department to include hiring, training, development, and retention of world-class technical and operational talent;
- Partner with the SVP of Donor Engagement to assist with mobilizing a growing annual fundraising target from public institutions, such as the U.S. Government, UN, and other private donors, national governments, and implementing partners;
- Partner with the SVP of Public and Government Affairs to build and maintain positive relationships with USAID, the State Department, HHS (ORR), the UN Refugee Agency, UNICEF and other relevant domestic and multi-lateral governmental organizations as well as partner organizations and associations;
- Partner with Bethany’s public affairs and advocacy teams by serving as a primary spokesperson for news stories related to Bethany Global, Refugee, and Immigrant Services as well as with elected and government officials;
- Provide leadership and representation at national and international forums to influence expansion of Bethany’s geographical footprint, increase the agility of the operational model, improve delivery and results, and achieve efficiencies and cost savings while delivering high impact for children and families;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s level degree in related field of study from an accredited college;
- At least ten (10) years of experience in a similar role;
- Master’s level degree in related field of study from an accredited college, strongly preferred;
- Foreign language speaking, preferred;
- Prior experience managing a multi-million-dollar budget;
- Prior experience living in and managing the development and/or humanitarian programming in a developing country;
- Demonstrated success working in a high matrixed and collaborative organization, where managing by influence is key;
- Demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding fundraising targets;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated track record in the positioning of an organization’s monitoring, and response;
- Demonstrated ability in increasing the capture rate of grants and domestic contract funding opportunities;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.