The Senior Writer supports the ministry at Convoy of Hope (COH) by creating a variety of high-quality content on behalf of executive leadership related to general communication, development, marketing, web, digital, media and public relations copy. This individual will train writers, multitasking various projects, handling leadership writing requests, researching and writing on various topics and proofreading and editing drafts. This individual is responsible for meeting strict deadlines and providing expertise on a variety of writing projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. On behalf of executive leadership, write and edit projects as requested.
2. Responsible to write short and long form content on a broad variety of topics and creatively engage the specified audience(s).
3. Stay up-to-date by researching current trends and stories related to COH areas of interest and expertise and communicating
to executive leadership as appropriate.
4. Contributes to concept, writes and edits feature stories, directs mail messaging, social media posts, video and radio scripts,
5. Edit and proofread content that is generated within and tasked to the Marketing & Communications Division as requested by
6. Mentor and coach junior writers and provide mentorship as needed.
7. Ensure all assigned copy adheres closely to brand and voice style guidelines and complete high-quality work in a timely
8. Write copy for the organization’s ever-evolving needs as it is assigned by the CCO.
9. In collaboration with the Communications team, strategize and assist with the development of communication assets for use by
the organization and other departments.
10. Liaise with clients on projects as needed.
11. All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Bachelor of Arts in English, mass communications, journalism, or a related field is required.
2. 10+ years proven ability to write short and long form content and use creative storytelling to drive key messages of the
organization. Demonstrated experience in written communications for print, video and broadcast required. Diverse portfolio is
required to demonstrate your writing ability.
3. Ability to identify content that has potential for many diverse audiences and the ability to maintain tone and message
appropriate to those audiences.
4. Comfort level in conducting interviews and researching requested topics.
5. Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
6. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and discretion.
7. Ability, willingness, and agility to work on tight deadlines.
8. Proven ability to edit for consistency, accuracy, and competency.
9. Ability to multi-task and stay highly organized.
10. Ability to prioritize projects.
11. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
12. Ability and willingness to occasionally travel domestically and internationally, as requested.
13. Serve as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden, and develop financial and other resource opportunities to
support and expand organizational and program ministry.
14. Ability to positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside
15. As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that each staff member embraces the organization’s religious
purposes for which it exists and not only agrees with its Statement of Faith, but demonstrates it in their lives on an ongoing
None at this time.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.