What is the opportunity?
The Social Media and Communications Specialist (SMCS) is responsible for the strategy and creation of all social media content for the ministry. This position is responsible for generating engaging content using Water Mission’s brand voice and style, as well as providing comprehensive social analytics and reporting. He or she must possess high attention to detail, expert writing and editing abilities, adeptness at developing online communities, and strong creative and organizational skills. The SMCS should be a self-starter with a team-oriented attitude who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality content on time, on budget, and without errors. This full-time role will report to the Director of Public Relations and is based in Charleston, SC. A successful SMCS will:
– Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, partners, volunteers, and the general public.
– Maintain high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities.
– Ensure any relevant information and communication with partners is recorded in Raiser’s Edge (RE).
– Execute all social media communications, including strategy development and implementation, content creation, scheduling, budgeting, and account administration.
– Design and write communications that advance awareness of the global water crisis, generate inbound web traffic, and increase donor engagement.
– Learn and maintain available social media tools and resources for content creation, scheduling, monitoring, and analytics.
– Find, craft, and share content that is optimized for the intended platform and audience.
– Maintain current and ongoing understanding of all tactics available on each social media platform used by Water Mission.
– Develop and execute influencer and ambassador strategies that strengthen brand awareness and reputation.
– Engage social media audiences daily on behalf of Water Mission, executing social media strategies with excellence and exquisite judgement.
– Cultivate and grow Water Mission’s online communities, taking into account brand voice and diverse global audiences/cultures.
– Serve as a training resource for staff interested in supporting Water Mission through personal social profiles.
– Collaborate on the global management of all Water Mission country program social channels.
– Produce analytical reports on key performance indicators; use data to inform strategy.
– Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager on digital advertising campaigns.
– Develop and maintain editorial calendar in coordination with marketing and communications team; assist in planning, writing, and posting blogs.
– Assist with content creation for internal communications and public relations activities as needed.
– Edit photos and create graphics for time-sensitive social media posts that are on-brand and impactful.
– Work to improve systems and processes to better serve stewardship, events, and program teams at Water Mission.
What is required?
– Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
– Bachelor’s degree required; additional education preferred, preferably in social media, digital communications, public relations, communications, or journalism.
– Two years of experience in the design and execution of social media campaigns with demonstrated skills, knowledge, and successes, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
– Experience with community management and cultivating online communities.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of AP Style.
– Experience with data and social media analytics platforms.
– Adept at accepting and giving constructive feedback.
– Skilled at effectively managing multiple projects, changing priorities, and concurrent deadlines.
– Flexibility in responding to unanticipated requests from multiple stakeholders.
– High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop required, as well as a working knowledge of InDesign, WordPress, Blackbaud Luminate Online, and HTML preferred.
– Knowledge of social media reporting tools such as Meltwater.
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
– Commitment to the values and mission of the organization and ending the global water crisis.
– Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.