Cross International (CI), founded in 2001, is a Christian international non-profit working to mobilize the global Church to transform the poor and their communities materially and spiritually for the glory of Jesus Christ. Cross International is poised to take a leap into becoming a significant global agent in this and seeks an experienced, motivated grant writer who loves those who are vulnerable and embraces the privilege of serving “the least of these.”
Christians united in overcoming physical and spiritual poverty.
We empower the Body of Christ to transform the poor and their communities, physically and spiritually for the glory of Jesus Christ.
Who We Are
At Cross we submit our work to God, seeking His inspiration and leading in everything we do. This is a part of our daily routine. We begin each workday gathered together to focus on our faith and look to our true leader: Jesus Christ. Each morning a different staff member takes a turn leading in devotions, and have alternating inspirational activities the rest of the hour. We pray for our program partners and for our donors. Together, we are a team and a member of God’s Body of Christ.
Our Core Principles
Faith, Joyful Service, Mutual Respect, Partnership, Empowerment, Leadership, Integrity
Position Title: Staff Writer
Department: Marketing & Communications (MarComm)
Reports to: Director of Communications
As a Cross International Staff Writer, this position will work with the Director of Communications in helping to meet the written and visual expressions of Cross International to a broad range of audiences. Responsibilities include:
• Writing and proofreading marketing, development and communications materials, including proposals, impact reports, donor campaigns, and blog posts.
• Producing written content for business communication materials for ministry officers, including PowerPoint materials and multimedia presentations
• When necessary, must be able to meet with meet with colleagues and ministry partners to understand the scope of assignments, target audience, message and brand voice
• Collaborate with Director of Communications to propose engaging copy concepts
• Ability to interpret creative direction and programmatic content and develop them into persuasive copy concepts
• Ability to incorporate scripture and a biblical perspective into all communication materials
A Cross International Staff Writer will be instrumental in presenting the voice of CI. This position requires an energetic person of Christian faith with excellent writing skills who loves a team environment and has tactful interpersonal skills. This position must have a passion to serve the world’s most vulnerable populations and also must have an understanding of the contemporary influences within North American evangelical churches and the worldwide Church at large.
This position may be either be an in-office position (in South Florida) or remote but must be available to work 8:00 am – 5:00 pm eastern.
Qualifications for a Staff Writer:
• 5+ years prior experience as a writer in a communications or marketing role
• Strong writing skills and ability to compose engaging and accurate content
• Proven success working in a nonprofit setting
• Basic understanding of global poverty and the challenges that are faced by at-risk populations
• Strong communicator who works well independently and within a team
• Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel is a must; experience with InDesign is a plus
• Basic knowledge of communications and marketing best practices
• Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
• Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.