We recommend applications be submitted via the Google Chrome browser if possible. If access to Chrome is not available, we encourage applicants to clear their browser cache and use the most updated, non-beta version of their browser.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Water Mission’s Talent Acquisition Manager will develop and execute full cycle recruiting and selection strategies and hiring plans to attract strong, qualified candidates that are called to the ministry’s mission and vision. This role is equally strategic and tactical as it will lead and direct a small talent acquisition team in addition to managing a portfolio of open positions. The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for ensuring excellent internal and external customer service by developing efficient processes and procedures. This full-time position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and is preferably based in Charleston, SC, although remote applicants will be considered.
A successful Talent Acquisition Manager will:
Water Mission Representation
* Maintain a strong Christian witness and model servant leadership to colleagues, partners, the communities we serve, and the public.
* Maintain high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities.
* Effectively communicate Water Mission’s mission, vision, and values to candidates.
* Represent Water Mission at events as assigned.
* Directly lead and supervise a team of talent acquisition professionals to ensure an excellent candidate experience and an efficient recruiting process.
* Perform supervisory duties including, but not limited to, overseeing staff training and development, prioritizing project requests, managing workloads and deadlines, setting goals, meeting schedules and milestones, conducting performance reviews, and assisting in the recruiting and hiring of direct reports.
* Manage the talent acquisition team budget, including the development of forecasts and goals.
* Provide direction to consultants, agencies, and vendors used by the talent acquisition team.
* Provide excellent customer service to hiring managers and candidates.
* Develop and execute US-based and international talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans based on current trends and organizational needs.
* Develop and execute internal selection strategies.
* Coordinate with leadership and hiring managers to determine current staffing needs and future staffing forecasts.
* Lead employment branding initiatives in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team.
* Conduct salary assessments to create appropriate salary ranges for open positions and final offers to candidates.
* Serve as the lead recruiter for a portfolio of open positions, which includes managing the entire recruiting process for each assigned position (ex. reviewing job descriptions, posting job descriptions on internal and external platforms, screening applications, conducting phone screens, making recommendations on candidates to hiring managers, and conducting in-person interviews).
Conduct ministry alignment interviews.
* Draft offer letters.
* Proactively search for and eliminate inefficiencies in the recruiting process.
* Stay informed of new talent acquisition trends and technologies, and incorporate them into Water Mission’s talent acquisition process.
* Train other employees (both US and international) on talent acquisition technology processes and procedures.
* Manage employee referral program.
* Manage the ministry’s applicant tracking system (ATS) to ensure it is effectively used by all team members and hiring managers.
* Draft sound and accurate job descriptions.
* Create and present reports on key performance indicators for the talent acquisition team.
* Lead pre and post-interview meetings with interview committees.
* Utilize various online channels to soft search for potential candidates (LinkedIn, Social Platforms, etc.).
* Assist and support another HR department initiative as assigned.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle, in-house recruiting; demonstrated experience working strategically in a people management role for part of that time.
* A clear, God-given calling to the mission of Water Mission.
* Strong attention to detail; excellent organizational skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to proactively solve problems and develop effective strategies.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience working with nonprofit organizations strongly preferred.
* Experience working with an applicant tracking system (ATS).
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels and cross-culturally.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Creative, flexible, and innovative.
* Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities required.
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.