What is the opportunity?
The Technical Writer for Technical Standards is responsible for the development of written documentation and presentation scripts, which will contribute to the production of technical standards for Water Mission’s safe water, sanitation, and hygiene projects. The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to understand general engineering principles necessary for this effort. This full-time position is based in Charleston, SC, and reports to the Engineering Manager for Technical Standards. Travel to remote locations in developing countries is required. As needs arise, candidates need to be prepared to travel three to six months out of the year (i.e., multiple trips during a single calendar year totaling three to six months). Though not a primary role in this position, candidates need to be aware that travel to a disaster response situation may be required with only 72 hours of notice.
The Technical Writer, Technical Standards will:
– Work in a posture of humble service to God and others
– Commitment to Water Mission’s values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity
– Work in a team environment to develop engineering and construction standards for worldwide projects, with a primary focus on the production and maintenance of written documentation and presentation scripts
– Write clearly and accurately on complex engineering concepts used within Water Mission, while also distilling concepts into easy to understand materials for other readers
– Develop content that is on-brand and consistent with Water Mission’s style and messaging
– Work in a team environment to conduct research and interviews, as well as to verify facts and information in a timely and accurate manner
– Give attention to multiple simultaneous projects
– Maintain good communications with multiple team members across multiple countries and time zones
– Maintain good communications with outside entities
– Ensure work is done within an agreed upon scope, schedule, and budget
– Participate in the content review process by incorporating feedback, checking for quality control, and securing approvals
– Prepare and give presentations to other departments, country program office staff, strategic partners, donors, and volunteers
– Work within cross-cultural environments and overcome stereotypes and language barriers
– Assist in the assurance of global consistency of content
– Lend technical communication support to disaster response activities as needed at headquarters, field offices, and unknown remote locations
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.