Who is the Global Water Center?
The Global Water Center, a collaborative initiative established by Water Mission, is a platform creating a movement of millions of individuals and scaling the impact of safe water implementers, corporate partners, foundations, and other nonprofits to end water poverty. Our ultimate goal is to bring the number of people affected by water poverty from 2,200,000,000 to 0. Working at the Global Water Center is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Global Water Center’s Touring Manager will be the lead manager with the Mobile Discovery Center. This person will travel full-time with the Mobile Discovery Center and provide on-site management and leadership for the exhibit. This person will lead a team of volunteers in the set-up, operation, and tear down of the exhibit in each city and will work with the partner logistics provider to properly position and set up the expandable trailers. The Touring Manager will be the on-site leader and will handle media messaging and represent the Global Water Center and the Mobile Discovery Center to the media. This role will also interact with guests to increase membership with the Global Water Center and the venue managers to ensure all agreed upon terms are carried out.
The Touring Manager will be the lead member of a four-member team that travels with the Mobile Discovery Center around the US. Ideally this team of four would consist of two sets of two people who already know each other. Each set of people would need to be comfortable working and lodging together. Since these positions require full-time travel, lodging and transportation expenses will be covered by the Global Water Center. A successful Touring Manager will:
– Travel with the Mobile Discovery Center to each location
– Manage on-site install and de-install of Mobile Discovery Center
– Train and supervise on-site team of volunteers
– Report daily metrics for Mobile Discovery Center including attendance, sales, donor sign-ups, and other metrics as determined
– Coordinate any special event set ups including technology requirements
– Handle all cash donations and gift shop sales by depositing and accounting for all cash
– Use Global Water Center messaging when talking with guests to increase membership
– Manage arrival, use (in accordance with OSHA standards), and departure of rental equipment and services
– Advise Director of Traveling Exhibits on any operational issues and areas of improvement
– Perform minor repair or coordinate repair of exhibits
– Set-up and troubleshoot any technology/media issues
What is required?
– Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
– Knowledge of exhibit or attraction operation
– Experience in special event set-up
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while leading a team operating a traveling attraction (the Global Water Center’s Mobile Discovery Center)
– Lead and manage staff (including additional touring partners and volunteers in each city)
– Ability to develop a deep understanding of how the attraction operates, and as such, make judgment calls for the best interest of the team, guests, and exhibit as a whole
– Provide outstanding customer service to guests and remain professional at all times
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent listening ability
– Ability to effectively communicate the Global Water Center messaging to guests at the exhibit and to media (when appropriate)
– Thorough and detail-oriented
– Self-driven with the ability to work independently and in a team with little supervision
– Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
– Must be able to lift heavy boxes/items/hand (up to 50 lbs.) and move pallets
– Must be able to operate a reach forklift, and miscellaneous other equipment as needed
– Must be able to stand and move around the exhibit for long periods of time throughout the day
– Knowledge and experience with audio/visual systems preferred
– Valid driver’s license required
– Satisfactorily clean driving record and ability to maintain a clean driving record. Must be willing to have their driving record checked periodically, as necessary.
– Ability to travel domestically up to 100 percent of the time (outlined below). This requires being able to sit in a car for long periods of time, as well as a willingness to stay in hotels or campers and share a room/living situation with another traveling companion.
– Ability and willingness to drive a large vehicle with a trailer or camper van attached if required
– The exhibit will be traveling throughout the year (from April through early December 2021 and January through early December thereafter) and the team will be required to travel with the exhibit during operation. Paid Time Off (PTO) will be available per Global Water Center policies and there will be two one-week breaks throughout the year, per the touring schedule
– Currently the Mobile Discovery Center will be touring domestically. International travel may be required dependent upon future touring dates and opportunities
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.