Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 5 million people in 56 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Training and Development Manager is responsible for the strategic design, development, delivery, and evaluation of Water Mission’s global internal training program. This position will work directly with subject matter experts to assess organization-wide developmental needs and ensure Water Mission has comprehensive, organized, and accessible internal training on the organization’s history, values, systems, processes, and technology. This role will assist in crafting strategy and approach while also creating and delivering content. This full-time position is based in Charleston, SC, and will report to the Human Resources Director.
A successful Training and Development Manager will:
– Work in conjunction with leadership and subject matter experts to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training strategies and solutions that meet Water Mission’s needs
– Increase the capabilities and development of new and current employees by crafting and delivering innovative, successful training programs
– Design, develop, and deliver new hire onboarding and HR compliance training (instructor-led and virtual) in collaboration with HR team members (ex. whistleblower policy)
– Conduct organization-wide training and development needs assessment annually, or as needed, to meet ministry objectives and maintain a current and prioritized list of training content to be developed
– Partner with business leaders to address individual team capabilities and skill development needs and provide the training within Water Mission’s overall strategy
– Select and manage resources, both internal and external, to assist in the development and delivery of training
– Develop a process to ensure all developed training meets Water Mission’s content standards and guidelines before it is launched to employees
– Manage training compliance and report on individual, department, division, and organizational results
– Educate subject matter experts and business leaders on adult learning strategies and content design
– Serve as system administrator for Water Mission’s global learning management system, Water Mission University (Cornerstone LMS)
– Develop governance standards for Water Mission University including but not limited to access levels, email settings, glossary, subject lists, and corporate settings
– Upload, set availability, and assign training content for employees within Water Mission University
– Drive Water Mission’s training and development philosophy and strategy through partnership and strong rapport with leadership, department heads, and employees
– Maintain awareness of emerging adult learning philosophies, techniques, and technologies for a global audience
What is required?
– Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
– Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in human resources, instructional design, organizational development, or similar
– 3+ years of relevant adult learning, and training experience; global and/or non-profit context a plus
– Working knowledge of adult learning philosophies and best practices including training curriculum development and assessment
– Experience working with a learning management system and content creation tools, Cornerstone a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback in a constructive way
– Experience with cross-cultural communication
– Experience working with leaders and employees at every level of an organization
– Adept facilitator with experience tailoring content and training to meet participant needs
– Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, influences others, and gains understanding
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team successfully
– Proven ability to work independently, set strategy, and influence across cross-functional teams to drive results
– Ability and willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally for up to two (2) consecutive weeks, 2-3 times a year
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2020 Accord Network. All rights reserved.