Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 5 million people in 56 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Water Mission’s Videographer is responsible for creating high-quality videos and photos that align with organizational needs and invite donor and partner audiences to engage with the ministry at a deeper level. He or she will be responsible for planning, creating, and managing all visual content for the Water Mission brand to help raise awareness for the global water crisis and highlight the impact of the ministry’s work around the world. This individual must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and capable of working both autonomously and as a team. This individual will also possess a high level of creativity, exceptional storytelling abilities, and an impressive photo and video portfolio that demonstrates the application of the latest formats, advanced techniques, and industry best practices. This full-time position is based in Charleston, SC, and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications. This role requires 35-45 nights of travel annually, both domestically and internationally. A successful Videographer will:
- Manage all elements of videography and photography for Water Mission from concept to execution, including brief development, filming, editing, audio/music, and color correction
- Ensure quality control for all visual assets so they align with ministry goals, communicate the desired key messages, and adhere to brand standards
- Maintain a growing photo and video library to support the creation of web pages, direct response campaigns, social media campaigns, presentations, and marketing collateral
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and design concepts to raise awareness for Water Mission’s work around the world
- Coordinate with the Writer and Copy Editor to produce compelling, engaging video scripts
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of Water Mission’s programmatic areas to advance ongoing advocacy, thought leadership, and partnership support initiatives related to disaster response, sustainable WASH solutions, and community development work
- Collaborate with U.S. and international field staff to ideate and create new visual content
- Travel to the field in developing countries and disaster areas to capture photos and videos
- Shoot photos and video at local and regional Water Mission events
- Support internal communications through the creation of training videos and other visual assets
- Work to improve systems and processes to better serve the teams at Water Mission
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in photography or videography
- 3+ years of experience in photo and video production – preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Strong professional portfolio that demonstrates a clear visual voice and range of expertise
- Expert knowledge of Lightroom as well as Premiere Pro and After Effects for photo/video editing
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally and work periodic nights and weekends as required for ministry operations
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated storytelling ability
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities while maintaining a positive team approach to working with internal and external partners
- Adept at accepting and giving constructive feedback
- Ability to manage an unpredictable workload, competing priorities, and concurrent deadlines