Oklahoma City, OK
Water4, a 501 (c) (3) tax exempt entity incorporated under the laws of the State of Oklahoma, USA, is an international nonprofit using faith, innovation and empowerment to reimagine a world free from the water crisis. Water4 equips missional entrepreneurs in developing nations to create lasting economic, physical and spiritual change through market-based safe water solutions. This approach puts the solutions to local problems in the hands of local people, and ensures that safe water access is sustained by local resources. Since 2008, Water4 has impacted the lives of over one million people in more than 30 countries through the power of safe and living water.
● Fundraising strategy development and execution
● Team leadership and capacity building of staff
● Goal setting and tracking for team
● Aggressively expanding Water4’s local and national presence
● Monitoring effectiveness of campaign/event planning and implementation
The Sr. Director of Development (SDD) is responsible for spearheading the organization’s fundraising efforts to achieve and exceed revenue goals. They will develop and implement strategies to secure donors and contributions in support of the organization’s strategic goals and funding needs. The SDD will be responsible for providing oversight of the development strategy, monitoring development activities, and identifying and addressing challenges that may hamper growth and success.
In collaboration with the CEO, they will set department targets, establish performance metrics for each Development team member, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of their efforts. The SDD will lead efforts to cultivate and expand revenue streams and avenues while furthering the overall mission of the organization. In addition, the SDD will foster a culture of philanthropy that ensures development efforts are carried out in alignment with Water4’s mission, vision, and values. They will maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals. The SDD will also keep abreast of developments in philanthropy and shifts in Water4 program team strategy, and adjust the development strategy as needed.
This position is part of Water4’s senior leadership team. Together with the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team, the SDD will provide strategic leadership and direction for the organization. They will help set both short- and long-term strategic plans for the organization; communicate those plans; and monitor the progress against those plans. Joint senior leadership team responsibilities include:
Develop Water4’s short- and long-term strategic development plans, including set department targets, establish performance metrics for each Development team member, and monitor results
Lead the Development team to effectively expand Water4’s major gift portfolio through effective donor cultivation, gift solicitation, campaign development and stewardship
Oversee the creation of strategic fundraising and messaging that aligns with and promotes the programmatic objectives of Water4
Serve as an ambassador of Water4, speaking and representing the organization at strategic events
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Journalism, or Communications required
● Master’s degree preferred
● Minimum of 10 years of development and strategic planning experience required, with internationally-focused non-profit experience preferred
● Proven track record of success in fundraising, including developing mass campaign and individual solicitation strategies
● Professional experience managing projects and leading teams
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Mailchimp
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Analytical thinking and ability to analyze data
● Ability and willingness to travel internationally on occasion
● High energy, positive, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
● Competence to determine the relative importance of issues facing Water4 at any given time and to focus staff efforts on the most strategic issues
● Ability to explain the work of Water4 in a clear and compelling manner in one-on-one meetings with donors and in group settings
● Capacity to develop strong, trusting relationships with the CEO and Water4 senior leadership staff, based upon professional competence and on embodying the values of the Kingdom
● Team and leadership development
● Group facilitation skills (preferred)
● Strong organizational skills and a disciplined approach to getting things done on a timely basis
● Exceptionally strong verbal and written communications skills coupled with the ability to ask good questions
● Ability to thrive in an organization that is infused with faith and vision, growing at a rapid pace and innovating on the fly
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to HR@Water4.org.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2020 Accord Network. All rights reserved.