Convoy of Hope
Women’s Empowerment Specialist
Title: Women’s Empowerment Specialist Schedule: Regular, Part-time
Division: Program FLSA: Exempt
Working Group: International Program (IP)
Reports to: Knowledge Management Director
Ministry Function: The Women’s Empowerment (WE) Specialist supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope (COH) through Women’s Empowerment programming oversight, including assessment, design and development, training and field staff coaching.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop Convoy of Hope Women’s Empowerment (WE) programming standards and evidence-based best practices in alignment with Convoy of Hope WE focus empowerment areas and in collaboration with the Women’s Economic Empowerment Specialist.
- Facilitate field staff coaching specific to WE programming standards in order to improve program effectiveness and achieve desired project outcomes.
- Analyze and disseminate briefs on interventions related to Women’s Empowerment in existing and prospective program countries.
- Travel to assess, train and/or implement program initiatives in the field as approved.
- Advise on the development and delivery of educational programming, curriculum and training to ensure effective and culturally relevant implementation.
- Collaborate with IP Specialists to develop programming standards and initiative integration in conjunction with the Women’s Economic Empowerment Specialist.
- Support IP leadership in developing WE program standards and strategy for implementation to achieve regional goals in conjunction with the Women’s Economic Empowerment Specialist.
- Collaborate with Monitoring & Evaluation staff to develop WE data collection methods.
- Advise on the development of new opportunities for COH through partnerships, universities, governments, and the private sectors.
- Responsible to manage Headquarters WE specialist team members in task and project management.
- Research and development of aligned innovative strategies for field implementation.
- Advocate on behalf of COH through external representation, networking with appropriate organizations and collaborating with partners with approval.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Masters Degree in international development, economics, gender studies, Instructional Design or other related fields preferred. Dual masters, Earned Ph.D or Ph.D candidate in discipline relevant to position preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- International travel experience required; international work experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as requested, often on short notice.
- 5+ years of international development, business, nonprofit experience.
International work experience (preferably for women) including working or living in a developing country.
- Cultural understanding and respect is required to handle sensitive international issues and maintain international relationships.
- Advanced computer knowledge and experience on software platforms required.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational and effective project management skills
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and train individuals from various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to design and facilitate training in person and online for learning across cultures and subjects.
- Competent in writing technical resources and manuals, curriculum design and developing tools to build capacity of field staff as needed.
- Proficiency in a secondary primary language preferred.
- Serve as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden and develop financial and other resource opportunities to support and expand organizational and program ministry.
- Ability to positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside constituencies.
- As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that each staff member embraces the organization’s religious purposes for which it exists and not only agrees with its Statement of Faith but demonstrates it in their lives on an ongoing basis.
This position oversees WE staff, interns, and volunteers as assigned.
Created: June 2, 2020